Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I will protect and defend

"I will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, both foreign and domestic, so help me God."
That's the Oath I swore 23 years ago first at the Spokane MEPS station, then later once more to reaffirm that very Oath at bootcamp.
Until recently, I had not given that Oath alot of thought. But I am now. You see, I've come to believe that once an Oath of that magnitude is sworn, you don't just get to release yourself from it. And it's not something you only live up to when it's easy or convenient.
I've also learned that by having sworn that Oath, that I may not be able to neccessarily do what is comfortable or safe. I am putting myself potentially in harm's way. Now I understand that well, and am now living up to my Oath. In bootcamp, I was taught early on that we not only have the right to refuse a lawful order from a superior officer, but that is WAS OUR DUTY!
Now here is the thing folks. The very politicians that represent us also have to swear the exact same Oath! So why in the world are we not holding them up to the very same standards of conduct our military is held up to. The politicians certainly have far more privileges that come with their office, and thus I think they also have a great responsibility to us for those very same things. They are supposed to be there to protect our way of life, not change it. They were given power by one document and one document alone. That is the Constitution of the United States of America, most specificall the Bill of Rights. They were to be given no more power or scope than that. The individual states are supposed to take care of the rest.
Instead, we have allowed special interest groups such as ACORN to flood the government with demands for entitlements, benefits and money. That isn't what our Federal Government is supposed to be about folks. They aren't supposed to be there to give you free handouts. Do you not understand that by allowing the Federal Government to continue to fold to these people's demands, and they continue to give us more and more things. What you may not realize is there is a price to pay for all of this. And that price is the loss of your freedom and liberty. Nothing is free folks, including government entitlements and benefits. Is it worth it? Is the loss of your liberties, your very civil rights worth that money? If you say yes to that, then to me, you have sold your very soul to corruption. If you allow tyrrany to stand, wether it is from a Republican or a Democrat, then you are no better than they are. So today, I call out to my representatives, my elected officials. And that most especially means to the President of the United States. START LIVING UP TO YOUR OATH! Go back and read our Constitution folks, with an open and clear mind. Then start to think about all the power we have given our government, and ask yourself if that is the life you really want. Begin to think. And begin to stand against them.
If you are former Military or Law Enforcement, you are on notice now. You swore and Oath, and I expect you to live up to it.
This is a list of 10 Orders I will NOT obey.
1. I  will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.


2. I  will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. I will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. I will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. I will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. I will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. I will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. I will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. I will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10. I will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Were you to say these things to one of our Founding Fathers, they would say "Well duh! That's what you're supposed to do!"
Today, I am an Oath Keeper. Today, I stand in the path of tyrrany and oppression. Today I take my place as a defender of our liberty. Today, should it be needed, I am prepared to stand to.

No comments:

Post a Comment